2019 - 2020
Fall/Winter Semester: September 9th – January 31st
Winter/Spring Semester: February 3rd – June 5th
*Please email for pricing*
• Thurs, October 31st: Happy Halloween! – Closed
• Thurs, November 21st – 30th: New England Regionals/Thanksgiving – Closed
• Mon, December 16th – Fairfield Christmas Party
• Tues, December 17th – Madison Christmas Party
• Wed, December 18th – Fri, January 3rd: Christmas Break – Closed
• January 27th - 31st: Last week of Fall/Winter Semester: Parent Observation
• February 3-7: Bring a friend to class!
• Fri, Feb 14th – Tues, Feb 18th: Winter Break – Closed
• Tues, March 17th: Happy St. Patrick’s Day! - Closed (but join us for festivities!)
• Tues, April 7th: Madison Spring break - Closed
• Fri, April 10th – 17th: Spring Break – Closed (except Tues 4/14 in Madison)
• Sat, May 23rd – Mon, May 25th: Memorial Day – Closed
• Sun, June 7th: Annual Recital/Céilí @ Notre Dame High School, Fairfield
• Sun, June 21st: Wee Irish Festival @ The Gaelic-American Club, Fairfield
*Please be sure to mark the days we’re closed on your calendars as we do not send reminders throughout the year.
703 Post Rd, Fairfield, CT 06824
• Pre-Beginner/Beginner — 4:15 – 5:15pm
• Beginner/Novice — 5:15 - 6:15pm
• Novice/Prizewinner — 5:15 – 6:30pm
• Championship — 6:30 - 8:30pm
• Pre-Beginner/Beginner — 4:15 - 5:15pm
• Advanced Beginner/Novice — 5:15 - 6:15pm
• Novice/Prizewinner — 5:15 - 6:30pm
• Championship — 6:30 - 8:30pm
• Novice/Prizewinner — 6:30 - 7:30
• Championship — 7:30 - 8:45pm
• Beginner (Intro) — 9:15 - 10:00am
American Legion Post 79
43 Bradley Rd, Madison, CT 06443
• Pre-Beginners: 3 & 4 — 4:15 – 4:45pm
• Beginner/Advanced Beginner — 4:15 – 5:15pm
• Novice/Prizewinner — 5:15 – 6:15pm
• Championship — 6:15 - 8:00pm
In the interest of safety, SAID will be closed in the event public schools are closed or had an early dismissal in the town where class takes place (ie. Fairfield/Madison public schools).
Otherwise, you will be notified via e-mail no later than 2 PM if a class is cancelled due to inclement weather developing later in the day. Please note: If schools stayed open and you do not receive an e-mail, you may assume that we do have class.
In the event we're closed due to inclement weather (or if class is missed due to illness, etc.) your student is welcome to make class up during the final two weeks of the session by attending any other level-appropriate class another day of the week. See our class schedule below or on our website, and be sure to let us know ahead of time if you plan to do a make-up so we expect you.
Pre-Beginners: 3 & 4: An Introduction to Irish Step Dance for 3 & 4 year olds. Your tiny dancers will learn their right from their left as they work on balance, coordination, and rhythm. They will learn basic postures and movements and learn how each step is danced to the music as they are introduced to ‘reels’and ‘jigs.’
Beginner/Advanced Beginner: An Introduction to Irish Dance for ages 5 & up. Dancers will work on balance, coordination, and rhythm as they learn basic postures and movements. They will learn how each step is danced to the music as they are introduced to ‘reels’and ‘jigs’. Once beginner steps are completed, a dancer may move on to Advanced Beginner where they will learn Slip Jigs and begin hard shoe. *Please note there are some combined Beginner/Advanced Beginner classes where listed.
Novice: For dancers who have completed all of their Advanced Beginner material and are ready to continue to a Novice level.
Prizewinner: For dancers who have completed all of their Novice material, and have placed in a Novice level at feiseanna.
Championship: For dancers who have received the appropriate placements in a Prizewinner level at feiseanna.
Adults: An Intro to Irish step dancing for adults. Learn the basic steps and techniques of Irish dance as well as ceili dances (group dances). A great workout and a lot of fun!